X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting myth tv to work?

hi!

i have installed myth tv with Kubuntu via synaptics. after using the command myth tv, i get a short setup menu (ask about language etc..) and then when i press finish mythtv disappears. when i use the command myth tv again i get the same setup all over again. im a newbeee and after changing desktops to linux (and loving it) would like to change my HTPC to linux as well, yet i even cant start mythTV on my linux machine. can anyone help on this?

thx

Zeltak

Re: getting myth tv to work?

Have u installed the mythbackend server.
    Is it running in the background? without the mythbackend, can't get it working.

Cheers

Comment

Re: getting myth tv to work?

Have you installed MySQL? Tried reading the MythTV installation instructions? Running it in a console to see if there's an error output? Reading the MythTV installation instructions?

MythTV is two components: the frontend and the backend. The backend needs to be running in order for the frontend to do anything; the frontend is started using mythfrontend. But before you do any of that you should run mythtv-setup. And before that, you need to have set up the initial MySQL database.

Comment

Working...
      X