X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pcmcia

All,

I want test whether the pcmcia slot on my Toshiba Satellite A30 is functional. Can any one tell me what I can run to test this?

Thanks in advance

p >
    "We simply must accept the fact that Captain Kirk is no longer alive!"

Re: pcmcia

stick a card in and go. pcmcia is supported. the only problems you might have are with wireless cards chipsets but browse around and compare it to what you have or what is available. Linux pretty much reads most hardware and installs a driver for it so not much configuration is really needed except as I noted wireless but there is usually a way to install it with a little patience.

Comment

Thanks lec2004. The reason I want to do this is that my system locked up for some reason and I had to crash out with the power button. When the system came back up my wireless card was kaput. So I bought another one (Linksys WPC54G), but I can't get it to work, and so I am wondering whether my one PCMCIA slot on my Toshiba satellite A30 is kaput. I really hope not.

patanjali :P
      "We simply must accept the fact that Captain Kirk is no longer alive!"

Comment

You can try using other live cd distros like knoppix or damn small linux. They have great hardware support.

Comment

Working...
        X