X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Gwenview

Hi All,

I am not sure whats with this app. When I open an image, Gwenview menu bar displays with no window, and takes 25 seconds to finally display the image. I can get to it faster by using GIMP. Anyone have any idea, or can you point me to a simple image viewer like Gwenview.

Thanks and happy holiday, to all that celebrate out fallen soldiers and heros, that gave us our freedoms, that we need to keep.
    Linux since 2008, Kubuntu 20.10
    *ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1
    *AMD FX-8370 with AMD Wraith cooler Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo)
    *G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 SDRAM -- Asus GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4 GB

Run it from a terminal to hopefully reveal why it is so slow. Gwenview is actually a pretty fast image viewer, so something is not right.

Comment

It opened up a directory showing all my pics in 1 second.

Code:
      [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#54ff54][B]bob@bob-desktop[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]:[/COLOR][COLOR=#5454ff][B]~[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]$ gwenview [/COLOR]
      Warning: Removing 1 characters from the beginning of the XMP packet 
      Warning: Ignoring XMP information encoded in the Exif data. 
      Error: XMP Toolkit error 203: Duplicate property or field node 
      Warning: Failed to decode XMP metadata. 
      [COLOR=#54ff54][B]bob@bob-desktop[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]:[/COLOR][COLOR=#5454ff][B]~[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]$ [/COLOR]

[/FONT]

Comment

I've seen problems with Gwenview when I've had KDE Connect installed. After removing KDE Connect, Gwenview behaves itself.
        Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

I was surprised to see this report in the 20.10 forum. This was a widely reported problem with the version of gwenview in Kubuntu 20.04. Confusingly, it was mostly fixed in version 20.04 of gwenview, but Kubuntu 20.04 had version 19.22. See, for example, https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ith-Kdeconnect

I was driven build the fixed version; I reported how to do that in that thread. When I upgraded to 20.10. I discarded it.

Some commenters in the original bug reports said if they cleared the clipboard before starting gwenview it helped.
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
            I've seen problems with Gwenview when I've had KDE Connect installed. After removing KDE Connect, Gwenview behaves itself.
            Yes, I do have KDE connect installed, also Chromium exhibits the same behavior. I think my solution is just leave an instance of Gwenview running.
            Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X