Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My computer just came out of sleep mode automatically logged in.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] My computer just came out of sleep mode automatically logged in.

I've noticed that occasionally, when I put my computer to sleep, it'll come back with the desktop briefly visible before putting up the lock screen. This morning I woke my computer up... and there was no lock screen at all. Just the desktop, exactly as I'd left it, fully accessible. It completely failed to lock at all.

Are there any logs I can check to diagnose why that might have happened? That's a pretty serious security issue!

That is how mine has worked from day 1, 20.04 LTS
    As a ref https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.1...ep-states.html
    Last edited by Fred47; May 13, 2021, 10:38 AM. Reason: added link to kernel.org

Comment

Are you saying that's the default, intended behavior? Because this is the first time in eight years that this has happened for me. It's always locked the system on sleep until now.

Comment

On my laptop yes it's the default. You or some software may have created a custom configuration. That will be shown in /usr/lib/systemd/*.conf.d/ or /usr/local/lib/systemd/*.conf.d/ Also check System Settings - Power Management and set the action required for lid closing. I'm assuming you have a laptop?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred47 View Post
          That is how mine has worked from day 1, 20.04 LTS
          As a ref https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.1...ep-states.html
          Your link explained a problem Salamander was having; "... suspending the timekeeping ..."
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X