X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ExpressVPN Help Please

Hi, I'm trying to install ExpressVPN?
    It's available on

Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora and others but for Kubuntu, I'm not sure if it'll work.
    when I try to install the software I get this message

"Can't install, unsigned repo"

Is there a way to fix this?

Resources:
    Setup page : https://www.expressvpn.com/support/v...linux/#install

Kubuntu is Ubuntu, so that is not an issue, outside of the different software center apps .Assuming that you are simply double-clicking the deb file to try installing it?

Try the command line instructions found in your link, which are quite easy, and if there is a real problem, it will give good error info that will help. it probably will Just Work, but will be very informative if not. Copy the text you see if there is an error, if necessary.
    It is even easier to do than the instructions show, because you don't have to cd to the directory that has the file. Just navigate to it Dolphin, then hit F4 to open a terminal already in that folder. Once there, you can cheat even more by using the ls command to list the files there, then copy the name of the deb, and paste it instead of typing the full name. Or try the tab key after typing the first couple of letters of the file name.

Comment

Ok, I was trying to install it all day yesterday, so I'll take a break. I will give this a try though, thank you!

Comment

I gave that VPN a try, and it will not install with QAPT properly, you need to install it via command line only.
        Linux since 2008, Kubuntu 20.10
        *ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1
        *AMD FX-8370 with AMD Wraith cooler Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo)
        *G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 SDRAM -- Asus GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4 GB

Comment

Originally posted by rdonnelly View Post
          I gave that VPN a try, and it will not install with QAPT properly, you need to install it via command line only.
          I'm new here, I'm sorry about the double.
          Ok yeah that's what I tried to do, it doesn't install through QAPT, Do you have ExpressVpn? I'm trying it via the command line. Were you able to install it?

Comment

Originally posted by cakes View Post
            I'm new here, I'm sorry about the double.
            Ok yeah that's what I tried to do, it doesn't install through QAPT, Do you have ExpressVpn? I'm trying it via the command line. Were you able to install it?
            Yes, just follow the instructions on the web site, the same instructions for Ubuntu.
            Linux since 2008, Kubuntu 20.10
            *ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1
            *AMD FX-8370 with AMD Wraith cooler Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo)
            *G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 SDRAM -- Asus GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4 GB

Comment

Working...
            X