This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Command line upgrade

I want to upgrade from 19.10 to 20.10, what is the command line upgrade syntax from a terminal window? {In the older days I would have to go to 20.04 first}. I do not have the option upgrade package listed in Synaptic Package Mgr or Discover.

It's your choice, but 20.10 goes EOL in July 2021. You might want to consider Kubuntu 20.04 LTS which is supported at least through 2023.

Nonetheless, since 19.10 is also EOL, the repos are no longer accessible. Therefore, the simplest way is to download the ISO of your choice, backup your data, and clean install that ISO.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

To add to jglen40's good suggestion to do a fresh install, it still is entirely possible to upgrade from 19.10 to 20.10. But it involves first editing the software sources to where 19.10's repos have been archived. THEN you first have to upgrade to 20.04, and then upgrading to 20.10. Assuming that the first upgrade was successful.

So even with my long time support of upgrading over fresh installs, I don't recommend this at all.

Comment

Working...
      X