This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enabling blur adds transparent/grey border to windows

I've searched my booty off and discovered enabling blur gives me this transparent blur border around my windows. Idk how long it's been going on since it can be easy to miss.
    Seems to be a blur border on all windows, not just konsole. I read online shadows/blur mix bad but couldn't find where to disable window shadows.

https://i.imgur.com/NQuwUBZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/jr6F2kP.png

Kubuntu20.10x86_64
    Kernel:5.8.0-43-generic

Plasma5.19.5

Disabling blur removes the the border.

I am open to any and all suggestions.
    I've actually lost track of all things I've tried thus far. Switching between OpenGL2/3, rebooting, ctrl alt F12... As a gnu/linux scrub/intermediate I believe this is the first time I haven't been able to find the solution/workaround online so here we are.

Thank you for reading

There is much that remains unclear from your post (at least to me.)

1. How specifically is this behavior not desired? You “enabled blur”, you got blurry borders. So?

2. What exactly did you do? Select a theme, plasma style, application style, color scheme, … ?

3. Which one(s)?

4. What exactly seems to be the problem? Can you post pictures where problem area is a little wide than a couple of pixels?

We’d love to help you. A bit more info would be helpful.

Comment

Under system settings Workspace Behavior > Desktop effects, enabling blur does what I want it to, blur semi transparent windows like terminal However it adds A border around all windows like this:

When I disable blur, this border disappears, but also disables blur system wide:

I would like to have blur enabled without this border around all windows. I tried changing global theme, plasma theme, color schemes, and various application styles and it persists through.

Thank you for taking the time to read and trying to help me

Comment

Ah, thanks, that helps.

I just played with blur and transparency on my new laptop (which for now only uses the default graphics drivers) and results have been inconsistent. This isn?t all that surprising, as things like blur and transparency used to be (and in some contexts still are) computationally expensive. So depending on your graphics driver, renderer and desktop themes, not every combination will be supported.

My guess would be that semi transparency applied over a non-rectangular blurred background could present a challenge to your graphics configuration (or at least a developer thought so), so your particular configuration just won?t do it. (The difference between having a window border and no window border may be the rounded corners, which only exist in one context. That the border is blurred might be irrelevant in this context.)

There may not be an obvious way to accomplish what you want. You may want to (further) experiment with themes and windows decorations that never have blurry windows, but otherwise support transparency and blurred background. Other options to be explored might be graphics drivers and renderers. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X