Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Kubuntu 20.10 Discover - You have no authorization to execute this operation

I have recently installed Kubuntu 20.10 and since yesterday I am getting following error whenever I am trying to remove or install something from Discover.

You have no authorization to execute this operation

Below is the output when I tried to execute it from the Konsole.

Code:
        swapnil@Kubuntu:~$ lsb_release -r
      Release:        20.10
      swapnil@Kubuntu:~$ uname -a
      Linux Kubuntu 5.8.0-33-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Wed Dec 9 09:14:40 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      swapnil@Kubuntu:~$ plasma-discover
      qrc:/qml/Feedback.qml:2:1: module "org.kde.userfeedback" is not installed
      kf.newstuff.core: Your configuration file uses an old version of the kpackage support, and should be converted. Please report this to the author of the software you are currently using. The package type, we assume, is "Plasma/Theme"
      kf.newstuff.core: Your configuration file uses an old version of the kpackage support, and should be converted. Please report this to the author of the software you are currently using. The package type, we assume, is "Plasma/LookAndFeel"
      kf.newstuff.core: Your configuration file uses an old version of the kpackage support, and should be converted. Please report this to the author of the software you are currently using. The package type, we assume, is "KWin/Effect"
      kf.newstuff.core: Your configuration file uses an old version of the kpackage support, and should be converted. Please report this to the author of the software you are currently using. The package type, we assume, is "KWin/WindowSwitcher"
      kf.newstuff.core: Your configuration file uses an old version of the kpackage support, and should be converted. Please report this to the author of the software you are currently using.

The package type, we assume, is "Plasma/Wallpaper"
      invalid kns backend! "/usr/share/knsrcfiles/servicemenu.knsrc" because: "Config group not found! Check your KNS3 installation."
      kf.newstuff.core: Your configuration file uses an old version of the kpackage support, and should be converted. Please report this to the author of the software you are currently using. The package type, we assume, is "Plasma/Comic"
      kf.newstuff.core: Your configuration file uses an old version of the kpackage support, and should be converted. Please report this to the author of the software you are currently using. The package type, we assume, is "Plasma/LookAndFeel"
      kf.newstuff.core: Your configuration file uses an old version of the kpackage support, and should be converted. Please report this to the author of the software you are currently using. The package type, we assume, is "KWin/Script"
      invalid kns backend! "/usr/share/knsrcfiles/ksysguard.knsrc" because: "Config group not found!

Check your KNS3 installation."
      kf.newstuff.core: Your configuration file uses an old version of the kpackage support, and should be converted. Please report this to the author of the software you are currently using. 

The package type, we assume, is "Plasma/Applet"
      adding empty sources model QStandardItemModel(0x5635b65df320)
      QObject::connect(AbstractReviewsBackend, ResourcesModel): invalid nullptr parameter
      org.kde.plasma.libdiscover: Couldn't find a category for  "fwupd-backend"
      file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/globaltoolbar/PageRowGlobalToolBarUI.qml:49:9: QML PrivateActionToolButton: Binding loop detected for property "checkable"
      Fwupd Error:  Remote  vendor-directory has no cache signature!
      percentage cannot be calculated
      PackageKit error: PackageKit::Transaction::ErrorNotAuthorized "You have no authorization to execute this operation" "Failed to obtain authentication."
    Can someone please help?

I fixed it by running following command on Konsole.

Code:
    [FONT=&amp]killall chrome-remote-desktop-host[/FONT]
    Later on, I completely removed the chrome-remote-desktop package from Synaptics. I think, below command should also work if trying to remove from Konsole.

Code:
    [FONT=&amp]sudo apt remove chrome-remote-desktop[/FONT]

Comment

lol, that make no sense, to be honest. Glad you figured it out.

Comment

Working...
      X