This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kicking and screaming woodsmoke dragged into 21st century

Well, folks, I NEVER thought that I would actually be posting such a comment.
    I have ALWAYS, except when I was helping to develop a distro, which went defunct when the main guy had family problems, couldn't blame him and when i made my Kparadigmshift spin ... ran OSs that were AT LEAST two versions behind because they were stable.

And then there is always NEON.

Well, I am now fully "into the present".

The whole thing took maybe ... 55 minutes?
    a) downloaded the latest Kubuntu 20.10 for the second time, I think that my first download was not complete in some way, it kept popping KDinit5 complaints.
    b) The download to install, over cable, took, maybe... 25 minutes?
    c) The new Epson Ecotank ET2760 was found BY THE LIVE CD!!! for both the printer and scanner.
    d) KDE connect worked flawlessly connecting to my Android and ...THANK GOODNESS FOR DEVELOPERS WHO LISTEN... the verification of pairing DID NOT DISAPPEAR within two (2) seconds... it actually stuck around long enough to be able to actually have the time to click "accept".

Using Muon
    e) Kontact was installed in...dunno... four minutes!!! WHAT?
    It offered to install an e-mail account and all I had to do was enter the college e-mail address and it tried to hook up and then offered the normal configure incoming and outgoing (for an IMAP I did have to choose that) and then offered the recommended security and password check, this is an outlook365 account and was DONE!!

f) Calligra was installed in...what ? Three or four minutes! WHAT!!!
    It appears to be very much similar to the older versions.

As a comment... LibreOffice, pre-installed has a very SNAZZY new look.

so...to riff on Yoda..."blown away I was."

If the O.S. pans out like it started then i am in for the newest and latest and greatest for the long haul!

Kudos to the developers!!!

woody
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Awesome Woody! That's great to hear. And yes...there's always Neon
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Thanks dequire!
      woodsmoke
      sigpic