This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cpufreq live

Interesting finding and I see that you're a hard working user. You should report this result to bugzilla in your thread. Bump!

I was confident that forcing the hardware to maximum speed would help. The bug is deeper. BTW, forcing maximum speed is reset default the next morning or probably after restart.

Have you tried a fresh install of Ubuntu latest to see if Gnome produces the same undesirable result?

About the cmd line that monitors cpufreq live, is reading the same? ' watch grep "cpu MHz" /proc/cpuinfo'

Default reading:
    Code:
    cpupower frequency-info
    analyzing CPU 0:
    driver: [B]acpi-cpufreq[/B]
    CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0
    CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 0
    maximum transition latency:  Cannot determine or is not supported.
    hardware limits: 1.60 GHz - 2.20 GHz
    available frequency steps:  2.20 GHz, 1.70 GHz, 1.60 GHz
    available cpufreq governors: [B]performance schedutil[/B]
    current policy: frequency should be within 1.60 GHz and 2.20 GHz.
                 The governor "schedutil" may decide which speed to use
                 within this range.
    current CPU frequency: Unable to call hardware
    current CPU frequency: 1.33 GHz (asserted by call to kernel) [B]<<never goes under, 1.55 is your minimum>>[/B]
    boost state support:
    Supported: no
    Active: no
    Stay safe!
    Last edited by Radcliff; Nov 22, 2020, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radcliff View Post
      Have you tried a fresh install of Ubuntu latest to see if Gnome produces the same undesirable result?
      I decided to download that latest build for ubuntu 21.04 and I just did a desktop session with no installation. I had to find out that on ubuntu the KDE Konsole is called Terminal. I must say that I was put off by the sunglasses on the sullen looking image of a person on the ubuntu screen.

Anyhow ubuntu 21.04 did exactly the same 800MHz frequency as Kubuntu 21.04. I decided to not try and find the KDE equivalent of Spectacle to take a screen shot, so I took a photo which is shown below..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ubuntu_Terminal.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	523.0 KB
ID:	644944

I therefore assume that both kubuntu and ubuntu have the same problem after using the recovery mode Konsole or Terminal. I hope to be able to report this problem on bugzilla.

Comment

Tweaking intel pstate

See governor options and try performance or schedutil. Replacing powersave may work this time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comme...easily_change/
        https://github.com/vagnum08/cpupower-gui

Code:
        sudo apt install cpupower-gui
        Works here (V:0.7.2), Minfreq is 1600MHz.

Comment

Sorry to say that those references did not help. I had already filed a bug report at https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=209085 on the 2020-08-31 and have updated it with reference to this post.

Comment

Working...
          X