X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discover starts automatically at boot

Hello,
    I am generally doing sw-upgrades through the command-line (apt, etc.). Since installing 20.10, Discover gets started at boot time automatically. It's not that I don't like Discover! But - how can I prevent it from automatically starting every time I boot. It definitely is NOT mentioned in any "autostart" definitions. Can I just remove the sw-package?
    Thanks

I think it is known bug in this version of Plasma, else it is 'stuck' in the saved desktop session.

Two things to try to fix or prevent this:

Plasma by default saves the desktop session when logging out, and once in a great while a program will get stuck in the saved session and open at login, even if it it was not open when the user logs off.
    One way to fix this is to temporarily use the 'Start with an empty session' option, and log in without a saved session once, to clear things out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201030_0813-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	644905

The other thing is to blacklist Discover (plasma-discover) as shown below. This may be the solution at the moment, if you are seeing the bug as opposed to the corrupted saved session.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201030_0814.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	644906

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      I think it is known bug in this version of Plasma, else it is 'stuck' in the saved desktop session.

Two things to try to fix or prevent this:

Plasma by default saves the desktop session when logging out, and once in a great while a program will get stuck in the saved session and open at login, even if it it was not open when the user logs off.
      One way to fix this is to temporarily use the 'Start with an empty session' option, and log in without a saved session once, to clear things out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9098[/ATTACH]

The other thing is to blacklist Discover (plasma-discover) as shown below. This may be the solution at the moment, if you are seeing the bug as opposed to the corrupted saved session.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9099[/ATTACH]
      I think I will try your second suggestion. Let's see whether it helps... Thanks for trying to help.
      Last edited by hstoellinger; Oct 30, 2020, 12:17 PM. Reason: solution works

Comment

It should work, it did for me, and others

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Blacklisting plasma-discover and starting with an empty session solved this issue. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X