Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Network stops working after an x-ammount of time.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Network stops working after an x-ammount of time.

Hi guys and gals,

I'm fairly new to the linux community, so I tried my luck in VirtualBox by creating a download box through VPN with Kubuntu.
    Just to play with Kubuntu and getting to know the OS a bit, solving all kinds of problems and fine tuning it.

Since 3 weeks ago I got a bit of a weird problem, which I can't get rid off.
    I boot up Kubuntu, turn on the VPN and then then the Torrents.
    All goes well and everything seems to be running fine.
    After a while can be an hour, sometimes a few hours the network traffic stops completely.
    • I can't ping google.com.
    • I can't ping 8.8.8.8
    • I can't disconnect or reconnect VPN.
    • All network traffic stopped.
    • I turned of powermanagement in Windows and put Display Power Management in Kubuntu all to never.
    • I also turned of IPv6

When I try a similar setup with Windows 10 in VirtualBox, with the same VPN, I don't got this issue.

Anyone got any idea what can cause this or how I can solve this?

Does this happen when not using the VPN client at all, with normal usage?
    Is the VPN in the Guest, or on the Host?
    Have you tried different networking options, such as different device emulation?

If you absolutely need to run the VPN client specifically in the Guest as opposed to the host, you may have to do some manual configurations, maybe?
    I wonder if whatever unnamed vpn client you are using has a 'kill switch' option, and the emulated network adapter simply barfs on it, and doesn't re-enable it.

Comment

Working...
    X