This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epson Ecotank ET-2760 and KDE connect Kubuntu 20.10 comments

I have ALWAYS ran HP even the new combo rigs but detested the exhorbitant amount of money for the cartridges so I have stuck with an old HP Laserjet 6p for years and would purchase a new HP multifunction when necessary and they were really giving it away.
    But, I really did just go in to the office supply place and was going to purchase cartridges when I saw this dingus for maybe 20 dollars more than the cartridges and with the full "filler bottles".
    So, I jumped.
    An older version of Kubu found the printer but trying to get the scanner to work was just going to be a problem, ( I so posted in another thread, now deleted ) and so actually installed Kubu 20.10 and...the LIVE CD FOUND THE THING!!!
    It just works.
    So, a few details.

DETAILS ON THE EPSON ECOTANK ET-2760

a) it has a VERY small footprint about 13 inches by 15 inches because there is not a huge plastic case to make it look "important", It has the same size scanner glass as an HP Envy 4520 and so that is a definite plus for me. It has the "back feed" for paper, which I am not totally fond of, but considering that it was the only way to get the small footprint, I can handle that.
    b) The ink comes in BIG as in BIG... about 4 inches tall, dedicated bottles... four of them three for the colors and one for the black.

ONE MUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS STEP BY STEP OR THE INK WILL BE WASTED.
    The instructions seem convoluted at first, especially the part about putting the bottle into a "funnel" and then just... ummm...ummm..." letting go "... but one does exactly that, just remove the lid, carefully turn the bottle upside down and gently put it into "the funnel" ( there is only one way ) and it just sits there and gurgles.
    One can SEE the ink going into the reservoir and LATER one can check visually that there is ink present.
    It just was...EASY...but one MUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.
    It prints black and white and colour just fine.

I do not normally like EPSON but if it continues to function, i wlll be MORE than glad to purchase the bottles which, according to the blurbs works out on a "per page" basis for maybe HALF or WAY LESS than half of the cost for the little cartridges.

KDE CONNECT

KDE Connect worked immediately, and it gave enough time to actually click the accept button for pairing with my Android, and in an unusual thing... just about everything that one can do between the phone and the computer were PRE-checked, so absolutely no setup except to pair.

If anyone has questions or comments, especially about the Epson, please ask.

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Mar 19, 2021, 04:24 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!
Working...
X