This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Can not modify screen brightness

I am interested in running Kubuntu 20.10 on my iMac. I started testing by booting of a USB drive. After changing to the proprietary binary driver for my graphics card, I got the screen brightness controls to work (both the slider in "Power Management" as well as the dedicated keys on my keyboard).

Encouraged I then installed Kubuntu 20.20 (standard install and all updated to the latest) on a dedicated 4T HDD (usb). So I can dual boot macOS or Kubuntu. Now I can't get the screen brightness controls to work, which is annoying since the brightness seems to be maxed. It strains my eyes. Reducing the colour temp helped a bit, but not enough. I tried all drivers (proprietary and open source) accessible via the driver manager to no avail. Eventually I would like to drop macOS all together.

Any ideas anyone?

This is my hardware:
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)
    2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    128GB SSD SATA
    3TB HDD SATA
    4TB HDD USB
    Apple ANSI (aluminum) keyboard
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512MB

Open the Driver Manager and see if it will install the Nvidia video driver.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
      Open the Driver Manager and see if it will install the Nvidia video driver.
      I tried all NVIDIA video drivers available in the driver manager. Neither of them resolved the issue
      Since it worked when booting of usb stick, I assume it might be a configuration issue.

Comment

Working...
      X