This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Sound - Can only use microphone OR speakers

I've got a Blue Yeti mic, which was onboard audio output.

I've always been able to use the microphone and the audio output at the same time, however since upgrading to 20.10 I can now use ONLY the mic, or ONLY the stereo out.

Here's the device ID from lsusb, I'm not sure what else I should provide here. This seems more like an issue with the audio settings in KDE than it does at the kernel level.

Bus 007 Device 011: ID b58e:9e84 Blue Microphones Yeti Stereo Microphone

I haven't tried my headphones since before upgrading it's a Logitech G935 Wireless DTS:X 7.1 Surround Sound LIGHTSYNC RGB PC Gaming Headset. I hope it still works. I'll guess I will find out during my next Zoom meeting. BTW: If Zoom has a Linux version then someone please tell me the Repo, key, and name of the package.

Edit: I just tried typing Zoom into the search bar in muon and it brought up a bunch of graphics stuff. Apparently Apt doesn't know what I mean.
    Last edited by steve7233; Dec 06, 2020, 04:03 PM.
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
      I haven't tried my headphones since before upgrading it's a Logitech G935 Wireless DTS:X 7.1 Surround Sound LIGHTSYNC RGB PC Gaming Headset. I hope it still works. I'll guess I will find out during my next Zoom meeting. BTW: If Zoom has a Linux version then someone please tell me the Repo, key, and name of the package.

Edit: I just tried typing Zoom into the search bar in muon and it brought up a bunch of graphics stuff. Apparently Apt doesn't know what I mean.

This should be a new topic, really.
      you ain't gonna find proprietary software via most native repos for any linux.

putting my google-search-bot hat on for a sec:
      https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/art...-Zoom-on-Linux
      there you go

Zoom also is accessible via a web browser.

Comment

Working...
      X