X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File transfer to Android 10

Hi,
    I just received a new smartphone with Android 10. I would like to transfer files from my computer to the Android smartphone. KDE Transfer enables the transfer from the Android smartphone to my computer and it works fine. But I need to work with the opposite direction: Computer to smartphone. How can I handle this?
    Kind regards,
    Sigurd

Use a WiFi FTP app. There are many good options in the Play Store.

Comment

KDE connect lets me transfer files to the phone.
      I guess you just have to set up the permissions properly.

Comment

Hi Don B. Cilly,
        In dolphin I always get the message that there is no storage place selected. But in the phone in modul-settings "receiving of files" is active and the "target place" is active and the target directory on the phone is /storage/emulated/0/Download. What else can I do?
        Is there any way to connect the two devices simple by an USB cable?

Comment

I can send to my "camera" folder. It's the only one I configured as "shared".
          Even though, now I had a look, it doesn't really access much else, and only on the SD card.

Try: Open KDE connect on the phone. Select your paired device. Click the 3 dots on the right -> Plugin settings.
          Filesystem expose -> settings (sliders icon) -> + Add storage location.
          See what it lets you "add".

You can certainly connect the devices via USB cable, but I'm not sure if it has any advantages there.

Comment

Solved

Thank you very much, Don. It was my mistake. Everything is working fine with KDE Connect. I simple tried to handle it as it was with an USB connection, simple only working with Dolphin. Now I have to take the file manager from the device with the file I want to transfer. And at first I have to mark the files. And then I can send it to the other device.
            Kind regards,
            Sigurd

Comment

Originally posted by Sigurd View Post
              Now I have to take the file manager from the device with the file I want to transfer. And at first I have to mark the files. And then I can send it to the other device.
              I know you've noted this solved, but I'd like to recommend a much cleaner, more powerful way of transferring files, using my favorite file manager on your Android device(s).

My personal favorite FM, MiXplorer Silver, connects effortlessly to all of my computers via Wi-Fi. With it, I can do much more with my files than with KDE Connect. And though I'm not exactly sure what you mean [like marking files], I am sure file transfer my way is quick and easy.

Just a suggestion!
              Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
              X