This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually Install Kate Snippets

Does anyone know where the file locations is to install a snippet xml file for Kate?

I've tried looking at the Kate Handbook, tried doing a search on here past posts, nothing on where to manually install the files.

Main reason is I need to be able to move the XML file among different installs, so I'm needing to be able to manually "install" the snippet repo from a backup file.

Thanks.
    Lenovo Thinkstation: Xeon E5 CPU 32GB ECC Ram KDE Neon

that would be ~/.local/share/ktexteditor_snippets/data/ you will half to create the ktexteditor_snippets/data then open kate and go to settings>configure kate>plugins and check the "snippets tool view" click apply , and bobs your uncle.

you can now go to view>tool views and check "show snippets" and their will be a panel on the right side

VINNY

EDIT: OR ~/.local/share/knewstuff3/ , as that's where one I just added with the "get new snippets" tool right clicking in the snippets window went , NOPE that was just the registry for it it went to the ubuve location but as a .file (hidden)
    Last edited by vinnywright; Nov 10, 2019, 09:23 PM.
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Good deal. I had looked both in .config and .local, but I was looking for kate and not ktexteditor (don't know why that didn't occur for me to check).

Thanks!!
      Lenovo Thinkstation: Xeon E5 CPU 32GB ECC Ram KDE Neon

Comment

Working...
      X