Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you set it as the choice in your regular user account? "Root" has its own settings, so setting it while logged in as root won't change it for other users.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      Have you set it as the choice in your regular user account? "Root" has its own settings, so setting it while logged in as root won't change it for other users.
      Um...yes, I know that. The very first screenshot I posted in this thread was from my regular account. It wasn't until experimenting by logging in as root that I found out it can work.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

The problem is resolved, but I can't post what the solution is. No, not because it's top secret! But because I don't have one. While working on other things, specifically networking (trying to get this laptop usable from other devices on the network), I did a lot of rebooting. I hadn't looked at or tinkered with anything to do with its appearance in several days. But after one reboot a little while ago, the beautiful butterfly splash screen I had chosen per my OP was there! And it's remained. So I'm happy, but this thread won't help anyone else...other than trying a lot of rebooting. Just pretend you're using windows!
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
        X