Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After upgrade to 19.10 I have problem with default card sound and Dolphin Language

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After upgrade to 19.10 I have problem with default card sound and Dolphin Language

Hello.
    A few hours ago I upgrade from 18.04.3 to 19.04 and then to 19.10
    At the first, all ok, but I view that, every time that I reboot the desktop appears like default card sound HDMI Caicos (my AMD graphic card), I set to default my HD Audio controler but again, when restart computer, again are by default Caicos HDMI.
    I search in config, in preferences-audio, I view all ok, I don't know how solved this.

The other is, in Dolphin, some fileds in entries appears in english, I set my default language in kubuntu to spanish (like in 18.04.3) but appears some fileds like (Today, Yesterday, This month...) in english.
    For me isn't a problem, but its for know if are some package not installed or missing...

Thanks in advanced!
    Last edited by wonder; Nov 17, 2019, 02:57 PM.

ok i believe i understand what you're say, if i'm wrong i apologize. if i'm right right click your speaker icon in the system tray, select audio property settings, click audio on the left side, click the advance tab, and simply turnoff the caicos hdmi.

Comment

Hello.
      Yes, you were right, it's just what you thought (excuse my English).
      I have done the indicated steps, I have seen that, not only happens to me when I restart, it also happens to me when I sleep the computer and wake it up.
      After performing your steps, when you wake up the computer, Caicos is no longer set by default, now my sound card is set.
      Thank you!
      It's a problem solved, again, thanks!

I still see that in Dolphin, in Recent, it appears in English (only the recent part), as I commented in my previous post, for me it is not a problem but ... I observe another problem with the language:

In Thunderbird, everything is in my language (Spanish) but after starting it a few times (I still haven't been able to know after how many times or the reason) all the folders called Inbox are put with the word Inbox (in English) the rest of the folders and the the rest of the program appears in my language (Spanish) but the Inbox folders, instead of "Carpeta de Entrada" (so it is in Spanish), appears "Inbox" (in english). But this is changed, alone, after x times or rather, after x time. I still haven't been able to find out after this change happens. I do not make any changes to the program ...

Thanks and best regards!

Comment

I've had a problem like this; my computer used Hungarian for a while

I found that ~/.config/plasma-localerc was confused, you might check that.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
          Originally posted by jlittle View Post
          I've had a problem like this; my computer used Hungarian for a while

I found that ~/.config/plasma-localerc was confused, you might check that.
          You referer that you have this problem in Dolphin or Thunderbird?

I review ~/.config/plasma-localerc and this is the content, I view its good:
          Code:
          [Formats]LANG=es_ES.UTF-8

[Translations]
          LANGUAGE=es
          Again, thanks!

Comment

Another thought, check what locale in a konsole says.
            Regards, John Little

Comment

I had the opposite
              Everything in English, time and other things in Spanish.
              I tweaked it here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1118_080039.png
Views:	1
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	644387

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
                Another thought, check what locale in a konsole says.
                This is my locale:
                Code:
                [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#5454FF][B]~[/B][/COLOR]$ locale
                LANG=es_ES.UTF-8
                LANGUAGE=es
                LC_CTYPE="es_ES.UTF-8"
                LC_NUMERIC=es_ES.UTF-8
                LC_TIME=es_ES.UTF-8
                LC_COLLATE=es_ES.UTF-8
                LC_MONETARY=es_ES.UTF-8
                LC_MESSAGES="es_ES.UTF-8"
                LC_PAPER="es_ES.UTF-8"
                LC_NAME="es_ES.UTF-8"
                LC_ADDRESS="es_ES.UTF-8"
                LC_TELEPHONE="es_ES.UTF-8"
                LC_MEASUREMENT=es_ES.UTF-8
                LC_IDENTIFICATION="es_ES.UTF-8"
                LC_ALL=[/FONT]

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
                I had the opposite
                Everything in English, time and other things in Spanish.
                I tweaked it here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8383[/ATTACH]
                Yes
                I was have uncheck Detailed Settings, I check and set all for Spain.
                Restart computer some times and sleep computer, now, Thunderbird appears always in spanish, issue solved
                Dolphin continue appears in "Recents" in english...well, no problem...

But...yesterday I was indicate that, the problem with sound card was solved...not true...
                I view that, if I restart computer, yes, appears by default my sound card, but if I sleep computer, when wakeup appears again Caicos HDMI, disabled this sound card, again, if I sleep computer, when wakeup again appears by default Caicos HDMI...

Like my installation is upgraded from 18.04.3 to 19.04 and then to 19.10...its possible good iddea fresh install?
                I don't know,...

Thanks and regards!

Edit: After a lot restarts Thunderbird appears in Spanish like indicate above but after wakeup from sleep card sound set to Caicos.
                Well, I sleep the computer about 20 minutes, wakeup, card sound not set to Caicos (set to my card sound) but again, TB set some fields (folders Inbox) in english...
                I go to made a fresh install with 19.10, if the problems persists return to 18.04.3.

Regards!
                Last edited by wonder; Nov 18, 2019, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Hello.
                  Finally, I made a fresh install with 19.10, some problems persists, the audio and...a general slowdown especially when I access other hard drives.I also noticed that, despite installing chromium through synaptic, taking in discover not set snap by default, I installed it by snap.
                  After several tests, I have decided to return to 18.04.3 which is going really well for me

Regards!

Comment

out of curiosity what are the specs of your system?

Comment

Originally posted by Grave Digger View Post
                      out of curiosity what are the specs of your system?
                      Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming.
                      CPU: Amd Ryzen 3 3600
                      16 GB Ram at 3200
                      HD of system: Nvme Samsung EVO
                      3 mechanicals hard drivers for data (and some backups)
                      1 SSD hard drive for backups and work some programs like kdenlive.
                      Graphic card AMD 1 GB ram (a simple graphic card).

Comment

nice system even with the gpu only having i gig ram. i's make one suggestion on your secondary drives / partitions, and that is to move the mount points and give yourself full permission. mine are:

/home/gravedigger/Grave/(name of the partition / drive)

for me i had to change them because of plex, but i'm sure there are plenty of other apps out there that doing it this way makes them much easier to use.

Comment

Thank you.Yes, it is a good system, although the graph only has 1 giga of ram, it is very simple (I do not play) maybe in a little while I change the graph to a stronger one, however, I look for graphics with passive dissipation, when not playing I don't need a great graph, the most I use in graphics is kdenlive, which doesn't "use" the graph much either.
                          The rest of the components are new (they have 2 or 3 months) and I come from an intel 7th generation and I have noticed a great change, thanks.

The mounting points of the secondary hard drives are in / mnt / hard drive xxx

They are in ext4 with full access and full permissions to my user.

The changes that I have noticed with 19.10 are several, in my team, it has not just gone fine at all, after updating, today I did a fresh install in the morning just in case that was the cause, my little problems continued ...

A general slowdown when accessing the secondary disks, including the main one, when copying / pasting, the first time I click and indicate paste does not, I have to do it 2 or 3 times or sometimes, after the first click, It takes 3, 4 or 5 seconds to start.

Apart from that, the small problems mentioned above, installed chromium from synaptic, in discover I have to not use snap by default, and it has been installed by snap.

Language problems in Thunderbird and in dolphin (which is no problem for me but ... there they are ...)

Above all, because of that general slowdown and I forgot to mention, system preferences crash many times, many, sometimes after accessing a section of system preferences it closes, maximum access to two.

That is why I thought that better, return to 18.04.3 and wait for 20.04.

Thank you for your post, this is really a forum with fantastic people

Comment

when you reinstalled did you reset the ssd? if not you should. i myself use parted magic's live environment to reset my ssd before i do a new install. i ask cause depending on how you freed up the ssd you may have issues from your previous install.

Comment

Hello.
                              When you indicate reset...at what referer exactly?
                              Is a M2 unit, start the installation (fresh install) and in the installation, I select manual mode, deleted all partitions of my M2 and create a new partition table, then, create partitions and start the installation.

Regards!

Comment

Working...
                              X