X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No media playing on notice on lock screen

Huh!

THIS IS A FIRST AND A GREAT ONE!

I live alone but am always "testing" stuff and so I "test using an away password" to get back in after a short duration of non use and for the FIRST TIME...

It may have been around longer and I just had not noticed...

I had not actually CLOSED VLC... and was away for a while and the lock screen had the notice under the password box:

"No media playing on VLC media player"...

AND BELOW THAT...

The controls for forward and stop! lol So, if it HAD been playing and I had walked away for long enough and came back i could have interacted with VLC without having to actually log in!

VERY cool!

so, the obvious question is...is this something unique to Kubu, KDE, or whatever?

inquiring minds want to know!

woodlikesitsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

I think it's a plasma/KDE thing , yes

and it will actually work with whatever was playing audio , I had Amazon Music paused and came back to the "lock screen" after a few minutes and just hit that play button and ,,,,,,,,it started playing , go figure

now this could be problematic if you were playing something that you did not want someone else to hear as they could start the playback without logging in

VINNY
    Last edited by vinnywright; Oct 26, 2019, 03:28 PM.
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Vinny
      Hi.
      thanks for the comment about it working and yeah the second case could be problematic!
      woody
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
      X