• Time
  • Show
Clear All

System breaking after updating

Updated from 19.04 and now I have many different problems occuring randomly
    - black screen instead of luks password input
    - black screen after I input luks password
    - freeze after desktop shows up
    - system working but slow as ****, opening windows freezes stuff for a moment, especially noticeable when using Kvantum themes because title bar in windows is invisible for a few seconds, stuff is frozen and then it loads after a moment. Thought the slowness is Kvantum's fault but I returned to the default look and feel and it still happens, opening start menu makes it transparent and only after a while stuff loads etc
    - can't restart/close the system, pic related happens and goes forever

two last problems are the most often

What's weird when I connect a charger to my laptop it seems to be ok. I did about ten tries with and without charger now and when charging system always loads and closes as it should but it could have just been luck.
    I would paste some logs but I don't know where to look.

if connecting the charger makes it work as it should, it may be a power problem. Check your power saving settings to make sure they match the settings you want, when PC is on battery.

Comment

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue, similar error messages you sent in your screenshot. Some times I can pass over the login, but very slow and get lots of error messages when shutdown, which takes quite some time.

- Hardware: ASUS VivoBook F412DA, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U.
      - It works ok after logon and unplugging the charger.
      - Behavior can be observed using LiveCD when the charger is not connected.
      - Ubuntu 19.10 works ok on both scenarios (charger plugged/unplugged).

Thanks & Regards
      Rodrigo

Comment

Working...
      X