This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panel not responding

I just did a clean install (not upgrade) of 19.04 onto a new disk. Everything seemed to go fine.
    It boots, I can login, etc, but the panel (on the bottom of the screen) stops responding. I first
    noticed it when I went to start the launcher and it wouldn't respond either to a click on
    the "gear-K" icon or with an Alt-F1. I thought it was a problem with the launcher, but later I
    noticed the "user switcher" widget I put on the panel won't respond either. If I do a
    "desktop refresh (F5)" from the desktop menu it starts working again, Although I sometimes
    have to do it multiple times. Any time I launch a program from the launcher it launches but
    then the panel stops responding.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

New hardware? Old hardware? Did you checksum the downloaded ISO?

Post the results of
    Code:
    inxi -Fxxr
    into a CODE box (the # button in the reply box header).
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Actually this turns out to be a case of shooting myself in the foot. While restoring files from
      backup, I accidentally overwrote some dot files and I am pretty sure that is was caused the
      problem.

I replaced the "restored" .config directory with a fresh one and logged out/in and the problem
      disappeared. I jumped too quickly to the conclusion that there was something wrong with
      the distro when I should have thought about what I did first.

Thanks for responding however.

Comment

Working...
      X