This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No icon on taskbar

After launching KeepassXC no icon appears on neither the Kubuntu taskbar nor on the Latte-Dock.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    Install either standard control panel or Latte-Dock
    Launch KeepassXC flatpak
    KeepassXC version 2.4.3

Operating System: Kubuntu 19.04
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.15.4
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.56.0
    Qt Version: 5.12.2
    Kernel Version: 5.0.0-21-generic
    OS Type: 64-bit
    Processors: 6 × Intel® Xeon® CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz
    Memory: 11,7 GiB

Do you mean the system tray, or the actual taskbar? I installed the flatpak and it shows in my taskbar just like any other application window.
    To get a System Tray icon, you need to enable that in the Keepass' settings, and you may not see it visible unless you click the arrow on the tray to 'show all', especially if it is inactive. You can configure the systray settings to set the icon to be always visible .

Comment

The system tray icon works fine. What I am missing is the app icon, which normally appears on the task bar after launching the app. Strange enough, I got the same issue with KeepassXC I installed from the Ubuntu repositories. If I knew, where the taskmanager looks fr the icons, I could check whether there is a PeepassXC icon.

Comment

I wonder why it works for me? Are you using a custom icon set?
        Even if you were, I think it is supposed to fall back to the default if an icon theme doesn't have one for a specific item, and anyway, the flatpak includes its own icons anyway, and the repo version exhibits this same behavior which sort of rules this out I think.

Breeze and Breeze dark both include icons for it. The system looks in /usr/share/icons for icons, and includes the task manager and Latte.

And the flatpak also has icons for it in /var/lib/flatpak, in the KDE runtime folders, and I believe that this path is added to the system's icon path. Not sure which takes precedence, if there is one.

Comment

I am using the Breeze Dark icon theme but I also tried other icon sets. None of them displays the KeePassXC icon. On the the other hand, the application launcher does and I can select different KeePassXC icons here.

Comment

Working...
          X