This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen color temperature adjusting tool in KDE Plasma

I'm looking for screen color temperature adjusting tool in Kubuntu 19.04. as described here. Is it already build into KDE? Can't find it anywhere

that is an old page and dose say for the
    Developers have been working on adding color correction features to the KWin (the KDE window manager/compositor) in Wayland.
    but any way you could try this "plasma-applet-redshift-control" or just redshift .

Code:
    sudo apt install plasma-applet-redshift-control
    VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

you reminded me about this , so thank you .

I just installed it , after install it's a widget , right click the desktop>add widget>scrole down to "redshift controle" and drag it to the desktop or your panel , I did the panel , the icon is a light bulb clicking it turns it on or off , mouse wheel wile hovering over the icon manually sets screen temperature , in it's settings you can set your geo location so it will adjust by time of day (outside sun light).

it brings in redshift when you install it .

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I've been using Redshift for quite awhile. The latest version has a higher nighttime temperature (4500) than before (3500). But it still works fine and does reduce eyestrain.

Comment

Redshift seems to do his job, but GNOME has it's own tool. Anyway thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X