This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hungarian Keyboard Layout

Hey all. I only recently did the switch to Kubuntu 19.04 from Windows, so still a bit of a noob here. There is no Hungarian Keyboard layout available. Or I mean, there is, but when you see the preview on either one of the options, none of the characters change as they should. Can this be solved somehow without me having to create a keyboard layout of my own? As I am a translator, it's kind of a crucial functionality that I am missing here.

This may be helpful: https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...n-kde-plasma-5
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

As far as I can tell, the keyboard layout previews are broken for the Hungarian layouts, and show the standard US layout. But, they do produce a lot of weird stuff from what this English speaker can see.

With the Hungarian "default" layout, pressing the keys in order from left to right, top to bottom:
      Code:
      normal              shift       Right Alt      Right Alt+shift
      0123456789öüó    §'"+!%/=()ÖÜÓ  ¬~ˇ^˘°˛`˙'˝"¸  ¬ˇ^˘°˛`˙´˝¨¸
      qwertzuiopőóúű   QWERTZUIOPŐÚŰ  \|Ķŧ–€Í„”÷פ  ΩŁE®Ŧ¥↑íØÞ
      asdfghjkléá      ASDFGHJKLÉÁ    äđĐ[]ħíłŁ$ß    ħЪŊĦÍ&Ł¢
      yxcvbnm,.-       YXCVBNM?:_     >#&@{}<;>*     <>©‘’Nº×÷
      Is that useful for Hungarian? There are 20 or so variants. Ironically the only one I found with a proper preview is the Old Hungarian one.

I have a "plasmoid" in the system tray that shows the two letter code of the current layout. Clicking it cycles between the configured layouts, and you can set various keys to select them too.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Thank you so much! I don't think I actually set it up to actually check whether the Default one worked since the Preview showed that it didn't. I know the Old Hungarian one had some strange characters, that one I actually checked out and I gotta say, I have never seen some of those characters in my entire life. Anyway, so the Default Hungarian one works! Yeey, now I can have my 4 layouts. Thanks a mil!

Comment

BTW, you might mark the thread as "solved". Near the top there's a "Thread tools" drop down, where the originator of the thread can mark it solved.
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
          X