This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaults Didn't Transfer Over?

Just finished upgrading. The desktop is amazing and I go from bootloader to log-in in about 7 seconds. That's increadable! Anyway, my vaults that I made in 18.04 didn't transfer over though. There is just an empty folder where it normally would be. I still have the BTRFS backup of the old 18.04 system on my external drive. How can I restore the vaults on my new 19.04 system?

I used vaults last year for KMyMoney files and, within that programme, I backed up to a usb stick. Then played with btrfs but decided to re-install ext4.
    Set-up KMM and loaded the backup file from usb = no chance, it was encrypted. I thought because the backup was from within KMM to a totally separate location it would be unaffected.

My 'guess' would be that you will need to access your vaults using 18.04 and relevant password and load/copy the 'mountdir' ie the unencrypted files to a removable drive. Then set-up a new vault in 19.04 and read in the saved files. See cryfs.org/tutorial - the caution about using dropbox and NOT saving 'mountdir' which has the unencrypted files.

My usage level is minimal compared to yours so please seek further advice.

Comment

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=386200

there is no gui to access it yet, but the code does have a GUI import feature

Code:
      qdbus org.kde.kded5 /modules/plasmavault requestImportVault
      no idea how to use it , tho

Comment

Seems like a rather serious issue to me. Hopefully, it gets addressed in Plasma 5.16...
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
        X