This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I install 19.04 instead of beta?

I've been happily using the pre-release beta of 19.04. Is there any reason to install the official release? Is there a reason to keep using the beta?
    Using Linux only for a few years, using mostly mouse on GUI (sorry gurus). Kubuntu 19.04 beta on home-built: GigaByte board - AMD Phenom II, 3000 6 core, RAM 4 Gb,

I too have been using the beta, and keeping it updated from the repositories.

My understanding is that the code I have now is the same as the official release code and there is no need to do a re-install with the official release.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll keep using this set of files plus the updates.

That being said, I did download the .deb file of the official 19.04 release and keep it in my archives, just in case.
    Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.9.1, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Just keep doing the full upgrade 'updates' - sudo apt update followed by sudo apt full-upgrade. No need to redo the installation.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X