Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to access the recovery mode Kubuntu 19.04?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to access the recovery mode Kubuntu 19.04?

I'm trying to access the recovery mode, but the system boots into login screen even though I'm pressing the "Escape" key! That's how I can access the recovery mode on Kubutu 18.04 or KDE Neon. I also tried the shift key, and that didn't work either. Any ideas?

For some systems, you have to keep stabbing at it, hoping to get the right spot, as well as the right key. On my laptop it is difficult, but on my PC it is easy. Try both shift keys, as well.

Comment

Access Recovery Mode

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      For some systems, you have to keep stabbing at it, hoping to get the right spot, as well as the right key. On my laptop it is difficult, but on my PC it is easy. Try both shift keys, as well.
      It's impossible to access the recover mode, because the grub boot default entry is set at "0". I've tried and tried but no success!. I think I'm going to change the boot default to 3 seconds. That way I can access the recovery mode if I need to during a kernel panic update or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by fredhoud View Post
        It's impossible to access the recover mode, because the grub boot default entry is set at "0". I've tried and tried but no success!. I think I'm going to change the boot default to 3 seconds. That way I can access the recovery mode if I need to during a kernel panic update or something like that.
        impossible , not usually , but can be quite maddening to accomplish at times especially if your box boots fast.

anyway in /ect/default/grub set GRUB_TIMEOUT=10 or add it to the rest of options at the top of the file if it's not their , then run
        Code:
        sudo update-grub
        in a console and reboot , you should get your grub screen .

hears mine (/ect/default/grub)

Code:
        # If you change this file, run 'update-grub' afterwards to update
        # /boot/grub/grub.cfg.
        # For full documentation of the options in this file, see:
        #   info -f grub -n 'Simple configuration'

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
        #GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0
        GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=true
        GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
        GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
        GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash vga=0x034d"
        GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

# Uncomment to enable BadRAM filtering, modify to suit your needs
        # This works with Linux (no patch required) and with any kernel that obtains
        # the memory map information from GRUB (GNU Mach, kernel of FreeBSD ...)
        #GRUB_BADRAM="0x01234567,0xfefefefe,0x89abcdef,0xefefefef"

# Uncomment to disable graphical terminal (grub-pc only)
        #GRUB_TERMINAL=console

# The resolution used on graphical terminal
        # note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
        # you can see them in real GRUB with the command `vbeinfo'
        GRUB_GFXMODE=1920x1080x24
        GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep

# Uncomment if you don't want GRUB to pass "root=UUID=xxx" parameter to Linux
        #GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true

# Uncomment to disable generation of recovery mode menu entries
        #GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"

# Uncomment to get a beep at grub start
        #GRUB_INIT_TUNE="480 440 1"
        #
        I'v added some things through time , like the resolution specific bits so I could use the fame buffer and fbcat to get screen shots of TTY's , why is a longer story than I have time for

VINNY

O and make sure the line " #GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0 " is commented out like mine with the "#" in front of it or the GRUB_TIMEOUT=10 is ignored
        Last edited by vinnywright; Jun 05, 2019, 06:36 PM.
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Well, I kind of cheated. I installed the "Grub Customizer", and changed the boot default entry to from 0 to 3 seconds. So now I have time to boot from a different kernel if I need to.

Comment

Working...
          X