This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPLIP Installer ver. 5.1 not supporting ubuntu-19.04

My HP Laserjet 100 color MFP is no more able to act as image scanner. The non free program Vuescan works perfectly. Why is not possible to make scanner visible to the system?

see: http://www.sane-project.org/
    quote:
    "Note 3: The Linux USB3 workaround which was added in version 1.0.25 is now disabled by default. If you have difficulty using a scanner which previously worked, or intermittent scanner availability, try setting the new environment variable SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1 before starting your frontend."

I had the same problem with my canon lide25 scanner. It worked with vuescan but not wit skanlite or simple scan. After adding the environment variable to a startup script the scanner was working again. I cannot remember the name of the startup script I used.

Comment

What version of hplip shows up in Discover or Synaptic for 19.04? Also, what version of hplip was the latest version that did work with the scanner?

It's really not necessary to have the latest version of hplip installed to make your HP printer/scanner work with Kubuntu. it is important to have a version that works with the hardware AND with the OS, which may be some version older than the latest and greatest.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Also, by this page the plugin for the scanner part of your HP machine has a specific install procedure. Go to the bottom of the page and follow the hp-setup instructions.
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Working...
        X