This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Nvidia/Intel Hybrid Device

So I have been using Fedora and someone there created a neat script that allows a user to switch between nvidia and integrated intel drivers. This has worked well and allows me to save battery life when I am not gaming on my laptop.

Ubuntu had something similar on 16.04 called Nvidia Prime, but that broke in 18.04. Work has been underway by the community (https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/call-...and-18-10/8207) but I was wondering if anyone here knows how this works with KDE?

Does anyone have this type of setup and able to switch between video cards on the fly with Kubuntu?

Thanks for the help!
    Joe

Package: bumblebee
    Version: 3.2.1-20
    Description: NVIDIA Optimus support for Linux
    Bumblebee is an effort to make NVIDIA Optimus enabled laptops work in GNU/Linux systems. These laptops are built in such a way that the NVIDIA graphic$
    can be used on demand so that battery life is improved and temperature is kept low.

It disables the discrete graphics card if no client is detected, and starts an X server making use of NVIDIA card if requested then let software GL
    implementations (such as VirtualGL) copy frames to the visible display that runs on the integrated graphics. The ability to use discrete graphics depe$
    the driver: open source nouveau and proprietary nvidia.

also look at the nvidia packages available

Comment

Working...
    X