X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate LibreOffice 6.2

Hi

I'm relatively new to Kubuntu and everything has been going great until now. I managed to upgrade LibreOffice to the latest version 6.2 but now have double entries for each application in the launcher menu. Each entry is listed as version 6.2. The difference is, when I open the second entry the application takes longer to start up and appears with what appears to be a 'generic' Xwin interface rather than the one integrated with KDE. However the app still lists as version 6.2.

I can't figure out how to get rid of these duplicate entries without uninstalling all the lot, which I have already tried. However when I reinstalled, the double entries came back.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks
    KC

What version of Kubuntu, and how did you install or upgrade Libreoffice?

Comment

Hi claydoh

I'm running kubuntu 18.04. I removed the preinstalled libreoffice using the command line. I then installed libreoffice 6.2 by downloading the package from the website and running dpkg as per the instructions.

Cheers
      KC

Comment

More info

Hi claydoh

I'm running kubuntu 18.04. I removed the preinstalled libreoffice using the command line. I then installed libreoffice 6.2 by downloading the package from the website and running dpkg as per the instructions.

Cheers
        KC

Comment

Sorted

Hi claydoh

I've got this sorted somehow... I happened to go into Discover and opt to uninstall LibreOffice from there. This has resulted in me only having the correct 6.2 versions of the applications installed now. This was pure luck but it has worked

Thank you

KC

Comment

Working...
          X