X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem with Tab placement - Firefox 65.0

Ref: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...abs-not-on-top

The OP states that after receiving the upgrade to version 65.0 of Firefox, Tab placement moved from the top to the bottom. I just launched Firefox in 18.10 and reviewed Help > About Firefox and it showed version 64.0, and Tab placement is at the Top. I ran sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade which brought in version 65.0 for Firefox.

Closed Firefox and relaunched it, and Tab placement remains 'at the top' where we are all used to seeing them. Help > About Firefox now shows version 65.0. Works here.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Feb 01, 2019, 09:11 AM.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

I don't think he meant that the tabs moved to the bottom, I think he meant the tabs moved to the top (over the navigation bar when he previously had them below the navigation bar...the bar you type the URLs in)

Comment

kubicle got it right. Some people prefer tabs below the url bar and use CSS via userChrome.css to get that done. The CSS required to do that changed from Fx64 to Fx65 hence the thread.

The default, as Snowhog points out is tabs above the url bar since quite sometime, maybe even way back as Fx4!

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox_4

Many changes were made to the user interface. By default, tabs are now on the top of the window, above the location bar in the area formerly occupied by the window's title bar.
      Last edited by chimak111; Feb 01, 2019, 10:08 AM.
      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Tabs above the various toolbars was a chrome innovation (at least that's where I first saw it). Somebody thought it was cool, perhaps because it reminds one of the tabs in a filing cabinet. So firefox aped it. I find it illogical to separate the tab from the page it belongs to. Just because it's been the default in firefox for a long time doesn't make it good; if doing stuff the way "everybody" does it or "everybody" is used to, I wouldn't be using firefox, or Kubuntu or Linux for that matter.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
          Tabs above the various toolbars was a chrome innovation (at least that's where I first saw it). Somebody thought it was cool, perhaps because it reminds one of the tabs in a filing cabinet. So firefox aped it. I find it illogical to separate the tab from the page it belongs to. Just because it's been the default in firefox for a long time doesn't make it good; if doing stuff the way "everybody" does it or "everybody" is used to, I wouldn't be using firefox, or Kubuntu or Linux for that matter.
          I find the tabs on top practical for a maximized window on a laptop. I use the no titlebar, no drag space options in Customize. That way, in a maximized window, I don't have to be careful about the y coordinate when changing tabs using the pointer. I just push the pointer to the very top of the screen and then slide left or right before clicking.
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
          X