This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outstanding Pre-release Bugs

On the 23 August 2018, I found that Video files in LibreOffice Impress ignored the page size of the projection screen size. See posting in https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ores-Page-Size.

This problem still exists and I am wondering when it will be fixed

On the 2 September 2018, I found that I could not set up my HP printer. See posting in https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...Not-Accessable.

This problem is still not resolved and I would like to know when it will be fixed.

Developers have made many significant advances to Cosmic, however these unresolved problems stop me from using Cosmic as my main computer.

Ask the developers /packagers of LO for Ubuntu? For LibreOffice, does the package(s) grabbed from them directly show the same symptoms? If so, you'll have to bug the LO folks.

Unfortunately, no one with the Ubuntu team is likely to browse KFN, and few Kubuntu devs do, either. Bug reports are needed so that the proper people will even know what is happening, especially as Kubuntu really don't touch any of the non Plasma/KDE stuff.

As for the printer, similar deal. al the hplip is not something Kubuntu touches, really. I have never had to use the hplip gui to set up my printers, tho it is handy to have some of the tools and utilities. I have used the GUi in System Settings to set mine up. Have you trued that? Does manual configuration work, if the System Settings does not detect it ootb? The info on that in your thread seems to show that it crashed at the end. Any bugs reported on that?

Comment

Yes, both these issues sound like they would mostly be out of Kubuntu's control directly.

WE can perhaps nudge things along, but these would need in any case a bug on launchpad, and mostly likely an upstream bug (if it is one) for the LP bug to track.
      On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

I found that by configuring my printer using printer settings in System Settings, I could use my printer.

I decided to download Ubuntu Cosmic and ran it from a USB stick. I tried my LibreOffice Presentation file with embedded video and it behaved similarly to what I encountered on Kubuntu. So it looks like it is either a LibreOffice problem or something in Cosmic as it works fine in Bionic.

While using my Ubuntu Cosmic USB, I checked the Kernel Version and found it was 4.18.0-10-generic. Currently my version of Kubuntu Cosmic has 4.17.0-9-generic. I hope it is not too long before we get 4.18.

Comment

Working...
        X