This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmail/KDEPIM and Exchange

I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to desktop linux but I thought I'd make an effort to try and move away from Windows on the desktop. To that end I've installed Kubuntu 18.10 on my new laptop and I'm impressed so far. However, I've hit a bit of an issue when it comes to accessing my work email.

My email is on an Exchange Server. The default email app in Kubuntu is Kmail which leans on KDEPIM. Exchange Web Services support was included in kdepim-runtime at version 17.12 and my system has kdepim 18.04 according to dpkg:
    [#]dpkg -l | grep kdepim-runtime
    ii kdepim-runtime 4:18.04.3-0ubuntu1
    [/#]
    When I launch Kmail and go to add an account, there is no option for Exchange/EWS. All I see is:
    Tine 2.0
    POP3
    Maildir
    MailBox
    Kolab
    Generic IMAP

Am I missing something? Is there some other configuration needed to enable EWS to show up in the list?

You could try the generic imap tab and see if you can get to Exchange Web Services from there. I'm not saying it will work but you can try it. I'm going through my own brand of hell with KMail.

Comment

Antifreezes idea did, previously, sometimes work. However if your system is working through the Microshaft cloud , where the company offloads the security problems, it may not work.
      woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

The Exchange(EWS) option shows fine here (although I'm on kde neon and not kubuntu), and it should be included in recent "kdepim-runtime". I'll check the kubuntu packaging and report back.

EDIT: The EWS akonadi agents seem to be there: https://packages.ubuntu.com/cosmic/a...ntime/filelist, unfortunately I can't tell why the option is not shown on your end.

EDIT2: Just to check, you are clicking on "Custom account..." in kmail and not an "email account", when you're trying to add the account (Kmail>Settings>ConfigureKMail>Accounts>Incoming>A dd-button>Custom account...)?
        Last edited by kubicle; Oct 29, 2018, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X