This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libreoffice Impress File with Videos Ignores Page Size

I have a laptop with 16:9 aspect ratio and my LibreOffice Impress file is for projection on a 4:3 aspect ratio LCD projector. When I test the projection on my laptop, text is projected in a 4:3 window but the Videos go to full screen and ignore the page size used by the text. I am using two videos to test this and one has a 16:9 aspect ratio and the other has a 4:3 aspect ratio which is stretched on the full screen 16:9 laptop display.

When I use an external monitor with a 4:3 aspect ratio, the 16:9 video is squashed, so that it occupies the full 4:3 screen. It should have a black band top and bottom to show the video in the 16:9 aspect ratio on a 4:3 screen.

I have tested the same file on 18.04 with the same version of LibreOffice (6.0.6.2) and on Bionic it behaves as it should, ie the videos stay within the page size defined in LibreOffice.

So I conclude that the problem is not with LibreOffice but somewhere in the way Cosmic handles videos from LibreOffice Impress.

After further updates to LibreOffice, this problem has gone from bad to worse. What I now get from LibreOffice Presentation, with an external monitor connected, is the video replay is now full screen on both monitors. The slide control panel is no longer visible!!! It comes back after advancing to the next text slide.

Comment

Today's updates fixed this problem. Thanks very much.

Comment

Just tested a presentation using LibreOffice with an embedded video on a VGA external monitor and also a hdmi external monitor. In both cases the screen size was ignored on the "projection" monitor, ie the external monitor. Also the control screen was overtaken by the video. So I had on both screens the full size video!!

Comment

I have found that on my Bionic system with the latest RC1 version of LibreOffice, when projecting the presentation it ignored the page size of the videos with the videos full size on both screens. So the previous version works as it should. I am wondering if the coding to form the ppa has introduced the error that I am experiencing.

Comment

Working...
          X