X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.13 to cosmic

Is there a way to install plasma 5.13 to kubuntu cosmic 18.10

backports dosnt work with cosmic (18.10).

I think that i have some of plasma 5.13 packages from cosmic repos but things like browser integration dosnt work yet and other stuff like blurring and so on.

What i hope is that somebody makes backports working with cosmic already!

And about Kubuntu 18.10, it is really solid and stable release, i dont get yet (about a month of use) any crash or errors from plasma.

Originally posted by survivor303 View Post
    Is there a way to install plasma 5.13 to kubuntu cosmic 18.10

No, we have to wait for new Qt to land

Things are backported FROM the development release to a stable release, so no, they won't. That is not what backports are for.

I think that i have some of plasma 5.13 packages from cosmic repos but things like browser integration dosnt work yet and other stuff like blurring and so on.

You shouldn't, as I've not uploaded any yet. Again, waiting on new Qt.
    New Qt is being prepared, so i hope it won't be too long a wait.
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Design engineer and a consumer sit at a bar.

Design Engineer: "I had an epiphany last night about a new design concept that will revolutionize the [insert make and model of car here], making it the most modern, user-friendly automobile in the world!

Consumer: "That's fantastic! So, it'll be ready for purchase by the end of the week?"
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Will this new Qt allow users of Kubuntu 18.04 to backport Plasma 5.13, which is receiving rave reviews?

Comment

Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
          Will this new Qt allow users of Kubuntu 18.04 to backport Plasma 5.13, which is receiving rave reviews?
          That is the plan.

A caveat on that being that with newer backported Qt, we will also have to provide rebuilds of a small but significant list of non KDE applications from the main archives that new Qt would otherwise render uninstallable or unrunnable. Varying from the obvious Qt like qtcreator, to games like hedgewars, and things like calibre and telegram-desktop. So there is some extra QA that we will have to do there.
          On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Fine, I can wait. Everything in Kubuntu 18.04 is working well so far.

Comment

Originally posted by survivor303 View Post
              I tried, like you, adding backports which failed. I do have cosmic backports listed when I do a sudo apt update; sudo apt full-upgrade. The line that I am referring to is:
              Code:
              Hit:6 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu cosmic-backports InRelease
              I can endorse what you say as I now find cosmic very stable.

Comment

Plasma 5.13.4 and Qt 5.11.1 should be hitting the release pocket in 18.10 in the next few hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
                  Plasma 5.13.4 and Qt 5.11.1 should be hitting the release pocket in 18.10 in the next few hrs.
                  That's great!

Edit: updated my Cosmic VM
                  Last edited by chimak111; Aug 21, 2018, 07:34 PM.
                  Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
                  X