Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade cancelled mid way because of errors. Gist attached.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade cancelled mid way because of errors. Gist attached.

Hey I was running the upgrade and it started with getting a bunch of Python problems then it said that it cancelled the upgrade midway because of too many errors...

This is the GIST output - https://gist.github.com/joshbenham/a...4536f235d0143c

Now I cant even run a apt program because I get:

josh at ezgaroth in ~ exited 1 $
    sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade && sudo apt autoclean && sudo apt autoremove

apt: relocation error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libapt-private.so.0.0: symbol _ZN9pkgSystem9LockInnerEv version APTPKG_5.0 not defined in file libapt-pkg.so.5.0 with link time reference

So currently I have not restarted my machine and I am too scared to restart it...

Run

sudo apt -f install
    sudo dpkg --configure -a

repeatedly until the errors disappear & you get just the command prompt, OR, until you get the same msg over and over. If the former, then everything was cleared up. If the latter ... did you make backups?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      Run

sudo apt -f install
      sudo dpkg --configure -a

repeatedly until the errors disappear & you get just the command prompt, OR, until you get the same msg over and over. If the former, then everything was cleared up. If the latter ... did you make backups?
      Hey GreyGeek.

I basically fixed my system. The main problem it seems that when it was updating APT package it broke some how but I luckily enough had the .deb's on my system through cache so had to install a couple packages to make apt install then did apt -f install and it seems to mainly be fixed.

Was a good 2 hours of tracking down the issues though.

All I can assume is that this happens when running so many updated PPA's like BackPorts?

Comment

Working...
      X