Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update boosted bluetooth mic levels to extremely high levels, can't turn down?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update boosted bluetooth mic levels to extremely high levels, can't turn down?

Hi,

Long (>15y) time Kubuntu user, but never had an issue like this before: This morning I was still conversing with colleagues on my bluetooth headset (in HSP mode) no problem... I've been doing this for years now. Just came back from leave, and during the day I ran updates and rebooted the machine. Now, the bt headset (and only the bt headset) has it's mic volume seemingly pinned to the stratosphere.

I've gone into pavucontrol and tried to turn it down to the bare minimum. No effect. Started alsamixer and turned mic boost down to 0, also tried fiddling with volume there... no effect. Even with mic volume at the very lowest settings.

Essentially the recording volume is SO high any time I speak all you hear is cut off static.

I've confirmed elsewhere the headset still works fine.

Where else should I be looking? Bug? Defunct setting in a config maybe? With the thing we have in the air, video conferencing is obviously top of my priority list...

Maybe unrelated: I haven't looked there in a while, but it seems like the Multimedia section of my system settings no longer lists individual devices, and now just shows PulseAudio server for everything ... that new?

Thanks!
Working...
X