Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticky Notes Widget - how to make it go away and stay away?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticky Notes Widget - how to make it go away and stay away?

Lately the sticky notes widget has been appearing on my desktop. I did not install it. I have uninstalled it via the long-click handle, or so I thought, only to have it reappear on the next startup. This morning it appeared displaying the contents of last night's clipboard.

How do I get rid of this thing permanently?

Unlock the panel by right click on it and select edit panel, hover the mouse pointer on the note, a side menu will show up. Close the note. Hope this will help!

Comment

It comes with Kubuntu. Just open Discover and remove it.

Comment

Do you use the middle mouse button to paste? This is the most likely cause for these. Stray clickies pasting text contents, which on the desktop creates a new notes widget. . I have one mouse that middle clicks when I breathe on it or look at it sideways.

On the right-click context menu on the desktop, and in the desktop configuration settings you can disable or change the middle mouse to paste action.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred47 View Post
          It comes with Kubuntu. Just open Discover and remove it.
          It can't be uninstalled without removing all of the stock widgets (among other things), at least not without manually removing/editing system level files and the like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201020_1541.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	644889
          Last edited by claydoh; Oct 20, 2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
            Do you use the middle mouse button to paste? This is the most likely cause for these. Stray clickies pasting text contents, which on the desktop creates a new notes widget. . I have one mouse that middle clicks when I breathe on it or look at it sideways.

On the right-click context menu on the desktop, and in the desktop configuration settings you can disable or change the middle mouse to paste action.
            I don't use middle clicks ever for anything. However, in my experience your instincts are usually right. So I changed the middle click from 'paste' to 'change window'. Now to see if I get more unwanted sticky notes...

Comment

Working...
            X