This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Ledger Programs ?

I am currently using gnucash, and have been for a number of years. It works fine except for check printing. I really only use it as a ledger.
    It does most of the check printing ok except when it gets to the address for the person you are writing the check to and there is no "memo" input.

In the address lines it only puts the name of the addressee. I have tried to figure out how to have it write the full address but it keeps forgetting it the next time open the program.
    I just bought a bunch of 3 part checks for the printer and I'd like to make check printing easier that it appears to be.
    If I could get gnucash to do what I want I'd stay with it, but right at the moment I am looking for something better.

Suggestions?
    Greg
    W9WD

I have not used gnucash in ages, maybe a decade, but you may see if you can save or export that custom formatting, my guess is that the template is stored in the system folders, and not the user config folders, which would explain it not saving changes. You should be able to copy the .chk files from /usr/share/gnucash/checks to ~/.local/share/gnucash/checks, change ownership to your user account , rename it (or them) to something useful, and go from there. Then any edits should stick.

Kmymoney does have check printing capabilities, but iirc the formatting is rudimentary, though it looks functional. I had used this program for many years, even maintained a PPA for it for quite some time, but no longer use this sort of software, and I never used the check functions. heck, I have not written one since at least 2011.
    Last edited by claydoh; Jan 05, 2020, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X