Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search For Files With ''mod'' File Extension In Dolphin?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search For Files With ''mod'' File Extension In Dolphin?

Hi,

How would I search for files with "mod" file extension in Dolphin file manager?
    Let me know, thanks!

Jesse

I'm probably wrong here, but personally... Dolphin is not the tool I would use for that. I would
    locate .mod > Documents/locatemod.txt
    and then use the .txt as a base to work on.

I mean, on my - fairly recently installed - system, that (searchable) text file is 855 lines, of which about 840 are actual .mod files.

Comment

I just type in the file extension in the search box, including the dot. and hit the enter key.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191202_153826.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	644439

Comment

For the search bar to work, the baloo file indexer has to be enabled and working. It's enabled by default, but you may have turned it off, perhaps because it's behaved badly, which it was prone to. Baloo now crashes for me shortly after login; if I clear out its index files it might stop that, but I haven't got around to it.

[Edit] I've got the baloo indexer running. I think what I had to do was
        Code:
        $ balooctl disable     # if it was running
        $ balooctl purge
        $ balooctl enable
        Manually deleting the files in ~/.local/share/baloo didn't seem to help. There are some disturbing (IMO) bugs reported for baloo on https://bugs.kde.org/; in some use cases baloo gets in to rewriting its database repeatedly, causing i/o starvation in Linux and so crippling the GUI.
        Last edited by jlittle; Dec 03, 2019, 10:30 PM.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
        X