This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible new regression in dialogs?

I don't know if this is a glitch in KDE, or Kubuntu or a little of both, but I've recently ran into an odd bug again. It started out with a problem on the desktop (that's still kinda there) where my icons were spaced wider than they should've been, and the trash can, which is normally in the corner, would on reboot blow out the screen so it had kind of a scroll effect to it, sorta like you had too many icons on the desktop. They eventually fixed that, but now on ever 3-4 login the icons blow out and end up in sort of a stair-step pattern on the desktop and are unclickable. You have to sort the icons before you can use them or move them back into place. About the time the fix to the overly wide desktop icon layout was fixed, my Krusader transfer dialogs went away. I've tried to fix it by doing all the old "turn it off and back on again" tricks via notifications, but to no avail. So I had to switch it back to the default desktop behavior again just to get something where I can see file transfer progress. However, I want my old dialog windows back so I can see progress percentage, time until completion, etc. It's not that I like the old dialogs so much as I enjoy seeing the extra information that comes with it. The new setup just says "yeah, something is happening, and here's a cool bar to look at", but it's not as useful as the old dialogs.

Anyhow, with that little description and rant aside, is there a way to fix this, or am I kinda stuck until they fix this new bug they've introduced, whatever in the blazes it is?
Working...
X