Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Question about Powershell Pro ...

I installed Visual Studio Code on my Windows 10 computre. I then installed the C# extension and the PowerShell Pro Tools extension.
    When trying to use PowerShell Pro Tools a message is displayed about getting a license. So I go to 'ironmansoftware' and they want $60.

I thought that PowerShell had a free version. Has anyone used this product?

Or is there another GUI product to use?
    Last edited by dagmann; Sep 28, 2019, 03:52 PM.

You're asking a question about a Windows software installation here, in Kubuntu Forums? WTH!? Or am I mis-reading your post?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have these product on kubuntu as well. I thought I would also check them out on Windows 10.
      So I would think that my question would apply to both O/Ss.
      Sorry about the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        You're asking a question about a Windows software installation here, in Kubuntu Forums? WTH!? Or am I mis-reading your post?
        Yup, you are. This is not the Visual Studio of days past
        VSCode, the IDE, is cross-platform, and open source. It is a very popular ide/editor that supports a lot of languages and has useful built-in tools and extensions.
        Last edited by claydoh; Sep 28, 2019, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dagmann View Post
          I installed Visual Studio Code on my Windows 10 computre. I then installed the C# extension and the PowerShell Pro Tools extension.
          When trying to use PowerShell Pro Tools a message is displayed about getting a license. So I go to 'ironmansoftware' and they want $60.

I thought that PowerShell had a free version. Has anyone used this product?

Or is there another GUI product to use?
          Powershell is not the same thing as that VSCode extension at all. It is a more powerful command prompt than the usual WIndows one, and is included with Win 10 already by default iirc.
          The Powershell Pro thingy is this https://marketplace.visualstudio.com...rshellprotools
          Of course this won't work in a Linux environment as there is no 'powershell' here. The are all 'power' shells, to be honest and don't need extensions.
          Last edited by claydoh; Sep 28, 2019, 04:44 PM.

Comment

And I am realizing that I cannot read anymore.

/me lines himself up for the spankings...................,.......

Comment

claydoh, thanks for the intelligent reply!

Comment

Working...
              X