This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send/Receive files To/From iPhone??

Is there a way to easily send files To/From iPhone from Kubuntu?

I've tried bluetooth, but without success.

I have been able to connect my iPhone 7 to KDE Neon for quite some time now. When I connect the usb cable Neon responds with View photos with Dolphin, download photos with digiKam or download files with Gwenview. I'm using iOS 12.4.1 and this convenience has been wonderful. Before it started working this way I enlisted a number of other apps to get access to the iPhone file system.

-=Ken=-
    -=Ken=-
    "A man has to know his limitations." Harry Callihan (Dirty Harry)
    DIY ASRock AB350, AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 16 GB RAM, nvidia GT-710, kubuntu 20.04

Comment

I forgot about cables... is there a way to do it wirelessly?

Comment

Previously I used Dukto for iPhone. It is not found in the App Store. Then add Ducto for Linux. I found it somewhat kludgy to use but it does work. I am happy that the usb method works now much like Android.

-=Ken=-
        -=Ken=-
        "A man has to know his limitations." Harry Callihan (Dirty Harry)
        DIY ASRock AB350, AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 16 GB RAM, nvidia GT-710, kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by kenj70 View Post
          Previously I used Dukto for iPhone. It is not found in the App Store. Then add Ducto for Linux. I found it somewhat kludgy to use but it does work. I am happy that the usb method works now much like Android.

-=Ken=-
          Looks like Dukto hasn't been supported since iPhone5. I'm on iPhone8.

Oh well. This is probably my last iphone anyway. I expect to move over to Android when my contract with Sprint is up early next year.

Comment

Working...
          X