This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird USB Behavior

When I plug in a pen drive, external hard drive, USB SD card reader, or really anything that is data storage, when the mount dialog comes up I have the two standard choices. "Download Photos with Gwenview" and "Open with File Manager". However, if I click on the second one, I get the infamous nastygram that says "Malformed URL". Click that a second time and then the window opens. But, if I click on the first one (which does nothing), THEN click on the second one, I don't get that error. Any ideas what's going on here and how to fix it? I don't mind taking the two steps to mount a USB drive, but I'd like to eliminate the first step and be able to just open it with file manager on the first click if possible.

This is a well-known bug due to a race condition; the mount returns before the properties of the file system are set. It's fixed in my 18.10.

I'm sorry I don't know how you could g3et the fix in 18.04.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Ah, okay. Well, now that I know what it is, I'm cool with that. I just wasn't sure why it was happening. And race condition, lol, love the name.

Comment

Working...
      X