This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] kde connect can't read files

I have just had a wonderful trip to India and I want to download my photos and videos to my computer using KDE Connect, which I used to do the same on my last trip. My phone/camera is a Huawei Y5 2017, and my OS is Kubuntu 18.04.1, both of which have KDE Connect installed. I open KDE Connect on my phone, pair it with the computer, send a Ping to make sure it's paired, click on the file icon from the computerKDE Connect, and get an error message: Failed to mount file system: device not responding. Any ideas on why the device is not responding? Are there any other ways to download the photos to my computer? KDE Connect worked before, but now the only thing it will do is download the images one by one, which will take forever.

I had a similar issue some time back. As I recall, I had to turn on Developer options and then go into USB configuration to set MTP. Developer options is turned on by going into About Tablet and then tapping the Build number several times quickly until a "Developer mode " is turned on. That may be the solution, or a part of it.

KDE Connect is good, but it's not always easy.
    Last edited by jglen490; Apr 06, 2019, 08:55 PM.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Apparently I had to configure the location of the pictures. That was done by following the instructions in the program which led me to the sim card, then DCIM, then Pictures. I configured the whole card and then had no trouble downloading my photos and videos, except for the fact that about five photos won't load into Digikam. Those I can send directly from the camera/phone. Thanks for your suggestion, and I agree with your last comment.

Comment

Working...
      X