This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krusader and Saving Passwords

Okay, I've got a somewhat new problem here. Up until the last week or two Krusader has been saving my passwords without issue, and Kwallet was more than happy to let me store them without asking for a password, which is what I'd prefer as none of the passwords I store are either super critical, or if they are, they're all locked down in userland where nobody, short of singling the box, can get to them. And, of course, if someone singles the box, I've got bigger issues than just local password security. Anyhow, long story short, I used to have it in Krusader where I'd login to a site, and in the login window it'd give me the option to save the password. It doesn't do that anymore. That option is literally not there anymore, no matter what tricks I try. Plus, Kwallet refuses to let me have a wallet with no password, and neither does it store any passwords from Krusader or anywhere. So I'm kinda baffled here as to what changed. Before this, Krusader was saving the passwords just fine, they were getting logged into Kwallet, and I could login every time and never be bothered to add another password, ever. I'd like to go back to that.

IE, enter it once, save and forget. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

And...the latest update for Kubuntu seems to have fixed the issue. Weird.

Comment

Hi
      yeah the whole password has been funky for a long time but I've noticed that things seem to be working without a hitch in Neon releases.
      I'm glad that your situation is resolved, and please come back and post if anything else goes wonky.
      woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
      X