X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KTorrent Does Not Download Torrents?

Hi,

On a fresh install of Kubuntu 18.04 LTS 64Bit fully updated.
    KTorrent does not work: it does not download torrents?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Jesse

A quick "DuckDuckGo" suggests changing the port number.
    Any idea what to change the port number to?

Comment

Can you give an example of a torrent you have trouble with?
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Seems to be working now

Comment

I have a similiar problem, with Ktorrent some torrents not download, open the same torrent with qtorrent (for example) and download since first second...

Comment

Originally posted by wonder View Post
            I have a similiar problem, with Ktorrent some torrents not download, open the same torrent with qtorrent (for example) and download since first second...
            Sometimes torrent servers, particularly private ones block certain clients for whatever reason. Ktorrent reports itself as non-stable or beta, and this is one reason for a ban. This client has little or no real development at times and this bit seems hard coded so even recompiling it as a "release" does not fix it. No one seems available, interested or able to fix this.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Over on Debian Bug report logs - #875720

As claydoh mentioned, and this bug report on Debian confirms, KTorrent (at least then, and on Debian) reports itself as a Development release.

So KTorrent may work on some sites but not all sites. Roll the dice and takes your chances.
              Last edited by Snowhog; Feb 01, 2019, 09:13 AM.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Also, current KTorrent crashes on exit?
                I've had better success for something else called Delude:
                https://launchpad.net/~deluge-team/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                  Sometimes torrent servers, particularly private ones block certain clients for whatever reason. Ktorrent reports itself as non-stable or beta, and this is one reason for a ban. This client has little or no real development at times and this bit seems hard coded so even recompiling it as a "release" does not fix it. No one seems available, interested or able to fix this.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                  Over on Debian Bug report logs - #875720

As claydoh mentioned, and this bug report on Debian confirms, KTorrent (at least then, and on Debian) reports itself as a Development release.

So KTorrent may work on some sites but not all sites. Roll the dice and takes your chances.
                  Thanks for the replys, now, I understand because, in some sites / or with some torrents, work fine, with others, not start never (and with other client any problem).

Thanks for detailed explanation

Comment

Working...
                  X