Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to open grub.cfg in the ESP?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jglen490
    replied
    I didn't actually edit the file, but I did this:
    sudo -i

    cd /boot/efi/EFI/ubuntu

    nano

    once inside: ^R then type in grub.cfg and enter

    For some reason doing nano grub.cfg displayed a blank screen with a prompt signifying this was a NEW file.

    Like I said, I chickened out and did not actually edit the file, but it did open in nano.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qqmike
    started a topic [SOLVED] how to open grub.cfg in the ESP?

    how to open grub.cfg in the ESP?

    Actually, the question is, how to open (and then possibly edit) this file in 18.04:

    /boot/efi/EFI/ubuntu/grub.cfg

    Can't open Dolphin as root, anymore.
    Can open Krusader as root (or in Krusader as Tools > run Krusader as root).
    Can navigate to and see contents of /boot/efi/EFI/ubuntu.
    Can right-click on grub.cfg ... and select open with Kate ...
    But it won't open.
    Heard that you can't run Kate as root, so that is the problem here.

    How the heck would one edit (as root, in GUI) that file?!

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X