X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] text under menu icon hard to read

Hello,

First I apologize as I am not even sure the correct terminology to refer to the issue I have. So, if there is any confusion I am sorry.

I would like to learn how to modify the text color appearing under the icons located in the menu of a program named, CherryTree.

I have attached two pictures.

This picture shows how text is hard to read for me, under CherryTree.
    How do I change the color of the text pop-up in CherryTree so I can read it easier?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	whiteTextIcons.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	649399

This picture shows that another program has menu icon text pop-up that is easier to read.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	looksfineScreenshot.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	649400

My system is,
    $ lsb_release -a
    No LSB modules are available.
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
    Release: 18.04
    Codename: bionic

I don't know of a command to show information about Plasma versions but the program, KInfocenter indicates, KDE Plasma Version: 5.12.6

Thank you for your help.

Under settings click on colors and uncheck the box at the bottom of the page that says "Apply colors to non-QT applications That should allow the application to use the intended color scheme.

Comment

That does it.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Cage72 View Post
        Under settings click on colors and uncheck the box at the bottom of the page that says "Apply colors to non-QT applications That should allow the application to use the intended color scheme.
        Hi
        I have experienced this problem for several months using Kubu 14.04.
        I have clicked and unclicked various options with not joy.
        I do not see in the colors section an option to the effect of: Apply colors to not-QT applications"
        However I do have a "Apply colors to non-KDE4 colors" which was ticked and I unticked it with no joy.

So, if anyone has information about a 14.04 system it would add to the knowledge of the thread.

Thanks Cage72!
        woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
        X